Montblanc pieces are handmade and require high quality craftsmanship, not only to manufacture, but also to repair. Our handmade craftsmanship requires that we have the each part of the piece so it may be made to fit and move together. Only with the entire piece in our workshop may we create a perfect part match.
CARE & REPAIR CENTER
MONTBLANC TECHNICAL CENTERS
If you need to have your product repaired, several options are available for your convenience:
- You can bring your item to any of our Boutiques for repair and servicing.
- If there is not a Boutique close to you, we recommend that you send your product to one of our service centers. Please note that repair drop-off will not be accepted:
2. Include a brief cover letter stating the issue or what you would like to have repaired, your receipt of purchase (not mandatory), your name and address, daytime telephone number and an email address.
3. For any warranty repairs, please also include your warranty book that is stamped and dated by the place of purchase.
4. For any repairs that are considered normal wear and tear, accidental damage, outside of the warranty or if the warranty expired, the client will cover the cost of the materials and the technician's time. We will send an estimate and would need your approval before starting any repair.
5. Please note, that the current time frame for repairs is 6-8 weeks.
6. Once you have all the documents, send everything insured in a discrete package - not writing Montblanc over it - to:
4610 Eastgate Parkway, Unit 1,
Mississauga, ON L4W 3W6
Phone: + 1-844-774-4810
MONTBLANC TECHNICAL CENTERS
Montblanc writing instruments are under a 24 month warranty from date of purchase or receipt as a gift, against manufacturer's defects.
Manufacturer's defects do not include lost parts, damage resulting from everyday use, or if the product has been dropped or banged against a hard surface.
Once we receive your package a Certified Service Technician will examine your piece. Should any charges be incurred, an estimate letter will be sent for your approval prior to any work being completed. Once you receive your estimate letter you may call our Concierge to provide payment over the phone. Once we receive your approval, the turnaround time is approximately 2-3 weeks.
Please note that any parts that are replaced will become the property of Montblanc and will not be returned.
Only a master craftsman with the use of special tools may exchange our Montblanc Fountain Pen Nibs. This is to ensure that there is no damage to the delicate inner workings of the nib unit, ink feeder, and sealants to guarantee that the pen will not leak.
Our service department will be happy to assist you in exchanging the nib on your writing instrument. The nib sizes we have available are extra-fine, fine, medium and broad. Double broad and oblique nibs are also available on certain models.
Within the first six weeks from purchase we offer a complimentary nib exchange. If the nib is found not to be in excellent condition, an estimate will be sent for your approval. After a Service Technician has inspected your pen, an estimate letter will be sent to you before any work is performed and you may call Customer Service and provide your credit card information over the phone at that time.
Once we receive your package the turnaround time is approximately 4-6 weeks.
If the nib that you have requested is not currently in stock, we will have to acquire the nib from our master craftsmen in Germany. This can take approximately an additionaly 6-8 weeks.
Outlet boutique purchases are excluded from this policy.
Once we receive your package, the turnaround time is approximately 4-6 weeks. Should any changes be incurred, an estimate letter will be sent for your approval before any work is done.